Whether it’s a dog, puppy, cat, or kitten, adopting an animal is a wonderful and easy experience. You’ll find a wide variety of personalities, ages and breeds. You can search for animals who need homes on our Petfinder directory below or stop by the shelter and we will help you find the right animal, one who will provide lots of love and companionship. The adoption fees are $50 for a dog and $30 for a cat. This includes a certificate for spaying or neutering by a local veterinarian. By law, all animals leaving the facility must be spayed/neutered immediately, or as soon as they’re old enough for the procedure. Our animals are wormed and up to date on all shots except rabies. Adoptees will receive an adoption form which will entitle them to a free check-up with a participating local veterinarian.
Think Before You Adopt!
Deciding to add a pet to your family should never be an impulse decision. It’s a life-long commitment, sometimes lasting 10-15 years for dogs, and up to 20 years for cats. There is a lot more that goes into being a responsible pet owner besides providing adequate food, water and shelter. If you’re considering adopting an animal, ask yourself these questions:
- Why do you and your family want to get a pet?
- Who in your family is going to take care of the pet?
- Have you done research on the type of dog breed that would be best for you?
- Are your family and your house prepared to bring in a pet?
- Does anyone in your family have allergies?
- Have you and your family been educated about pet care and training?
- Will your pet fit in with you and your family’s lifestyle?
- Is your living situation going to change in the near future?
- Do you have a fenced in yard for outside pets or will this be an inside pet?
Thinking before you adopt will help save the animal from being returned to us. We want you to have a long and happy life together!